Governor Hope Uzodinma had said the killings were carried out by Nigeria’s secret police, Department of State Services (DSS) and not Ebubeagu as claimed. He has also vowed that the killing of those he described as criminals would continue, adding that no amount of blackmail would deter him.
 
The DSS has also admitted that it carried out the operation, alleging that those killed were criminals. The Service said that they were killed during an exchange of gunfire.
 
But the pro-Biafra group after an emergency security meeting in Bakassi Peninsula on Wednesday night vowed to avenge the alleged unprovoked killing of innocent persons in the South-East who didn’t commit any offence. The group said they were killed because they were “Biafrans”.
 
The leader of BnL in Bakassi Peninsula, Ita Bassey, who briefed journalists on Thursday after a security meeting held on Wednesday night, said his group and other highly placed officials had been briefed on the outcome.
 
Bassey added that members of the separatist group came under gunfire from the Nigerian Navy near Ikang where they met, but noted that no one was injured.
 
He said the meeting went according to plan despite the attack, adding they had to relocate to another venue immediately.
 
Meanwhile, BnL and a Finland-based official of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Simon Ekpa have reportedly formed an alliance.

CONTINUE VISITING TO READ LATEST UPDATES

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.