(Video) We’ve Arrested The Suspects That Attacked Owo Church, We Recovered The Vehicle They Used – Amotekun
Amotekun has confirmed that they have arrested some suspects in connection with the attack on St. Francis Catholic Church, Owo, Ondo State. This was made known to newsmen on Thursday by the Ondo commander of Amotekun, Adetunji Adeleye.
(Photo used to illustrate the story).
According to the report by The Punch, Adeleye stated this while parading 71 suspects who were arrested for various criminal activities in the state. Although he did not give the exact number of suspects that were arrested in connection with the Owo attack. But he gave the assurance that everyone that was involved in the attack will be apprehended.
He said – “As regards the Owo incident, we have recovered the last vehicle they used for that operation and we made some arrests, and we have also recovered some vital things which we are working on. A number of people have been arrested concerning the Owo issue as well as a number of equipment. On that day, we pursued them to the point that we recovered the vehicle, and we are still pursuing them. We have told you that until we get to the root, I can assure you that the perpetrators and their sponsors will be brought to book.”
On Sunday, June 5th, some gunmen had invaded the Catholic Church in Owo and started shooting sporadically, leading to the death of about 40 people.
The National Security Council had said that the Islamic State in West African Province (ISWAP) was behind the attack.
Since then, Nigerians have been calling on the authorities to go all out for the killers and make sure that they are apprehended.
What do you have to say about this? Please feel free to share your thoughts with us.